How do I take a test using the BACtrack app?
You can use our free BACtrack app to see a history of your results and share them with others. In order to take a test in the app, please follow the steps below:
1. If you are using our BACtrack C6 or C8 devices, please make sure they are set to app mode. When you turn on the device, it should display "App Mode" and will then display searching. If it is in standalone mode, power off the device and then hold the power button for 7 seconds until it reads App mode. Tests taken in standalone mode will not be recorded in the app.
2. Open the app and you will see the screen below letting you know to turn on your device. Press the power button on your BACtrack breathalyzer.
3. Next you will see a screen with an image of the device. Click the button that says "BAC test" as shown below.
4. You will then be promoted to guess your current BAC while your device warms up. Select the BAC you think is correct.
5. Take a deep breath and get ready to blow into your breathalyzer.
6. The app will let you know when to blow into the device. Keep blowing until you see the screen in step 7.
7. Once the test is complete, you will see a screen with your results. Click OK at the bottom to complete the process.